The Perfect Place


One of my intentions on this blog is to highlight local places that I/we love/frequent in the area – which pretty much comes down to restaurants and shopping! We love living in McHenry County and want people to know that it is a fabulous place to live with wonderful offerings.

My favorite shop in the area and beyond is The Perfect Pear in downtown Crystal Lake. Everyone that knows me knows I’m obsessed with decorating and this shop hands down satisfies my fix.

The shop opened in fall 2008 and is owned by Sara Burke. Sara and her mother Wanda Bennet, both with decorating backgrounds, provide the design genius that you see in the wonderfully appointed shop - I’ve actually shopped there so often that I’ve become friends with Sara and Wanda – just wonderfully friendly and really have the touch in terms of interior design know-how and have been very helpful when I shoot all my decorating questions at them.

The shop offers an eclectic mix of shabby/chic/French style with offerings of candles, painted furniture and other decorative accents and what I think are very reasonable prices. I sometimes struggle to know what goes well with what and honestly, all you need to do is set foot in this store and it’s all figured out for you! It’s a great place to find the perfect gift, but I find myself there on a regular basis with the purpose of finding things for decorating our house. I’ve even got my Mom hooked!

The Perfect Pear is located in this cute little building (see above) on Grant Street (one street over from Williams Street, in Crystal Lake’s downtown).

It’s such a great shop that I wanted to “plug” it on my blog. If you are in the area, you should really plan on making a stop – you won’t be disappointed!

I believe the shop will have a website shortly, so stay tuned and I’ll post the information.

The Perfect Pear:

Location: 87 Grant Street, Crystal Lake, IL 60014

Hours: 10:00am – 5:00pm Friday and Saturday, or by appointment.

Phone: 847-209-7879.

Email: burke-s@sbcglobal.net

1 comment:

  1. I was at Kane's flea market this past sun.Just as i was leaving I decide to go just to a few more spots of finds.I came across The Perfect Pear.I loved it !!! I wish I came by earlier.I might have missed out on more fabulous finds.Could you please email me if they get a site going.I would love to see more of it.I am hoping I can find some time and make it to the next Kane flea in June.You have a cute blog.Please be in touch chickievintagechic.blogspot.com.You can tell me more about your finds at The Perfect Pear.Have a bright day.Fun Finds 2 U ..Chickie

    ReplyDelete