Cranberry Chicken

A word about this recipe: I never have had Catalina dressing before and was pretty skeptical about mixing it with the onion mix. But oh my...this is tasty! I opted to use the Kraft Light version dressing and I think it did not take away from the recipe. Also, since Larry and I are trying to watch our weight, after I baked the 2 chicken breasts, I immediately cut each breast in half and saved 2 of the halves for dinner the next night - that way you won't have the whole breast on your plate tempting you to eat it. This little method has been really helpful for us.

Enjoy!

Ingredients:

4 servings:

8 oz. Kraft Catalina dressing (Light)
1 pkg. dry onion soup mix
1 - 1 lb. can whole-berry cranberry
4 boned chicken breasts

12 servings:

24 oz. Kraft Catalina dressing (Light)
3 pkgs. dry onion soup mix
3 - 1 lb. can whole-berry cranberry
12 boned chicken breasts

24 servings:

48 oz. Kraft Catalina dressing (Light)
6 pkgs. dry onion soup mix
6 - 1 lb. can whole-berry cranberry
24 boned chicken breasts

36 servings:

72 oz. Kraft Catalina dressing (Light)
9 pkgs. dry onion soup mix
9 - 1 lb. can whole-berry cranberry
36 boned chicken breasts

Directions:

1. Combine ingredients in a large bowl.

For Freezer Meals: Place chicken and mixture together in freezer bags. I put two chicken breasts per bag - which would be 1 meal for Larry and I. Freeze.

Serving Day Instructions: Thaw completely. Place chicken with cranberry sauce in greased baking dish, and bake uncovered at 350° for 1 - 1 ½ hours, but check after 45 minutes.

Source: Don't Panic - Dinner's in the Freezer, Susie Martinez, Vanda Howell & Bonnie Garcia

No comments:

Post a Comment